[IP] Rule 500

Does this make sense - am I on the right Track?

Rule 500 - Divide 500 by Take Total Daily Insulin -
500/40 = 12.5 humalog ratio
500/30 =  16 humalog ratio
 Kap uses 40 and somedays its 30 units.
So on the days he is not eating much I should go up on the ratio to 1 unit
for 16 carbs and for the days he is eating good I should lower ratio to 1
unit for 12.5 carbs.

He weights 70#s - gained 1 # in 1 week - but he needs it.
70 # / 4 = 17.4 units for basel rate - this is working out good for him.

Does others use different carb/ratios for heavy vs light eating days.
Thanks for Listening!
Living and Learning!
Darlene
Mom to KAP (Kevin) age 9 pumping