[IP] RE: significant others and fixing things

My general problem in dating is that I find one of two types:
1.  I don't care, don't want to learn about it, don't understand it.
2.  I want to fix you, fix this, I read about this - couldn't that help?,
fix, fix, fix...

I am currently on a "break" from dating because of this.  I cannot seem to
find that "perfect" individual who will just listen and let me vent without
trying to fix things and who makes an
attempt to understand what I am going through (or can relate to it in some
sigh, I know he's out there somewhere!  There are too many married D's on
this list that boast
about their wonderful spouses :)