[IP] significant others

>How do others explain diabetes, the pump, and psychological
>problems to significant others?

>I go through these awful stages and all my husband wants to do is >FIX me.

Julie and Sheila,

The explanation I use (particularly after riding the rollercoaster) is I
feel like I have just been in a fight. Another one I use is saying I feel
like I just finished a marathon. I think Susan gets it because she also sees
how my enthusiasm to do....ANYTHING!... just drops off the table. When I
have been terribly demanding for FOOD (NOW, NOW, NOW) due to low bg, I try
to apologize after coming back to my senses.

As for the "FIXING" issue, it applies to everything, not just DM. In
general, as a guy, I want to fix things, and when Susan starts to vent about
work, home, etc., I think she is describing the problem that she wants ME to
solve. I finally figured out that the only thing she wants me to DO is
LISTEN, because telling someone helps her figure out what to do. (of course
sometimes she DOES want me to solve the prob., and I just sit there
listening *LOL*)

Still trying to decide D v. MM