More work than shots...was [IP] Shocked Nancy

It seems to me that it is more work, more bg testing
more checking for
ketones etc.It's like having a second full time
job,however; I'm now getting
results that I never dreamed were possible. I was 250
to 300 sometimes
worse, every morning no matter what I did while on IM.
Whether I took more
insulin or less, whether I ate before bed or not. 4
shots a day, killing
myself for tight control and getting nowhere. Now I'm
140-150 most mornings
and I've only been doing this for 3 weeks.
I know I'll  do better when my basals are finally set.
My CDE at the Joslin Center is great! We have talked
everyday since I went
on the pump. I've never had such good care in 18 years
of D.

Subject: Re: [IP] Shocked Nancy

RoseLea wrote:

> Then why is the only information I'm getting my
diabetic care team is that
> the pump is more work and has many more problems
than MDI?

Do You Yahoo!?