[IP] Re: MM 508 change out

On Monday morning, bright and early, the FedEx man showed up with a
FedEx letter envelope.  Inside was a letter from MiniMed, saying they
would be FedEx'ing a replacement for my 508 (as part of a software error
in a few early 508 models).  Since I had one of the first of the 508's,
it figures mine would be part of the group with the problem (although I
have had not one iota of problems with it(.

Wednesday afternoon, FedEx was back, with a box containing a brand new
508 (same color).  Inside the box were complete instructions on how to
re-program the new pump, along with a new warranty card (and a note that
warranty for this pump would start today).  5 minutes to program it,
fill a new container and hook it up was all it took.

MM had also included a self addressed USPO mailer, so I put the old pump
back in the box, sealed it in the envelop and dropped it at the Post

All in all, a very simple process.  Handled very well by Mini Med.

Patient and new pump doing very well.