Re: [IP] snow/exercise

In a message dated 1/27/00 8:44:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted

<< wondering if actually cold is doing something in addition to just raising
 metabolism to cause lows.   >>
   Shortly after Melissa was dx'd ( 7 1/2 yrs ago), we were standing outside
in the freezing cold late fall weather, watching her sister's field hockey
game. By the time the game ended ( and my toes were numb) & we were headed
back to the car, Melissa complained of "feeling funny". Sure enough - her bg
was in the 50s!! I mentioned to her endo that I thought the action of her
body trying to stay warm had caused her to drop & got one of those "you think
too much" type indulgent smiles......Grrrr...did I mention that was our
"former" endo???

Regards, Renee