Re: [IP] Shocked Nancy - pump is more work

 >As to your not having to test so much since your basal rates were set -- do
 >you not have variations at all?

I actually have a lot of variations (I've been classified as "brittle")...
but, I just don't feel the need to test that often. Part of the reason is
that I find that if I try to do too much micro-managing of this disease,
that I tend to make things worse.

I have a very high latency time for when my Humalog decides to kick in. It
is just starting in work in 90 minutes-2 hours and won't peak before 3-4
hours. Makes it very frustrating, since I never know how much of the last
bolus has yet to kick in... if it was at least consistent, it would be much

I base a lot of judgements on how I feel... I can usually tell when I'm
high and testing will almost always confirm those feelings. The same for
when I feel low. Otherwise, if I feel OK, I don't bother... except before
meals and often mid-afternoon (occasionally mid-morning) and before bed. My
main exception is before driving... I always try to test before getting in
the car. That's just a basic safety precaution.

 >Well, you're obviously not a 53-yr-old woman like me LOL.

Although I'm not of the feminine persuasion, I got you beat by 4-5 years...
I'd go back to age 53 any time. :-)