Re: [IP] Spouses' Fixing us

>I think maybe if we vent here we can save our spouses some frustration

uh oh, what about us spouses that get the venting on the list and at
home??
:-)
Actually, Shane rarely vents about the big D, but sometimes I need to.
He has been dealing with this for over 25 years, and came to terms with
it long ago. I have only had about 8 years now to get used to it, and I
am getting closer.

>I don't recall (HS) where I saw it on the 'net, but someone wanted a support >group/list for spouses so they, too, could vent and learn.

That would be great - the learning especially. I could've saved a lot of
time and energy if someone had told me long ago that BG swings caused
mood swings! (Shane could've saved a lot of money on flowers too!) He is
so rarely upset that I couldn't understand why occasionally he would act
so bizarre. Also he can be very sneaky and I never knew exactly what to
believe about what he was telling me or not telling me about diabetes --
yes, he can indeed eat just about whatever he wants. no, he should not
go 8 years without seeing a doctor, no matter what he says!  The
sneakiness came from years of being harassed by parents and doctors
about being a "bad diabetic". I am so impressed by the parents on this
list. I wish Shane's mom would've had something similar when he was
small.
Now he knows he better just be open and honest to begin with, because he
knows I either know the truth already, or will find it out eventually
from you guys!
Laura