Re: [IP] Shocked Nancy - pump is more work

 >Roselea, since being on the pump I spend more time weighing food, using a
 >calculator for carb counting, and testing (7-14 times a day) than I did the
 >bulk of the 14 years I was on MDI.

I didn't know that many pumpers were constantly weighing their food. I
personally find that once I know that a potato = x carbs, an apple = y
carbs and a piece of bread = z carbs, I don't need to do any more. I think
that there are too many other variables to try to get overly precise with
this thing... but that's just my opinion. I usually get pretty good at
doing on-the-spot guesstimates as to what things are... plus there is so
much nutritional information on packaged food nowadays. Armed with a decent
carb-book, I'd think that most people could probably get away without ever
weighing anything.

Also, once the initial learning curve was over and my pump was set-up
correctly, I found that I don't need to test as often anymore. In fact, I
don't test much more now than I did when I was on MDI... 4-5 times a day.
But, YMMV.

Diabetic since 2/79
Pumping and trying to live like a "normal" person since 6/98