Re: [IP] Shocked Nancy

> >>I wanted to respond to you and to "second" what Michael said.   The great
> majority of us are grateful for our pumps, have better control, no
> complications, smoother lives and more freedom with the pump, and
> few if any dramatic incidents.<<
> Then why is the only information I'm getting my diabetic care team
> is that the pump is more work and has many more problems than MDI?

It certainly will be more work for them during the training phase.
With MDI, they just give you a dose schedule and say too-da-loo. With
a pump they actually have to help you establish basal rates, answer
your questions as you learn self management, etc....

So.... it appears what they say is true FOR THEM, not for you.

> That's why I'm beginning to think I need a new team.

Ya got that right!