[IP] Re:Significant others

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 04:08:00 -0500
From: "Julie Britt" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] significant others

>have tried to explain that it's partly chemical/biological in my brain,
>also related to diabetes, and I have tried telling him my symptoms, but to
>no avail. How do others explain diabetes, the pump, and psychological
>problems to significant others?

I go throught these aweful stages and all my husband wants to do is FIX me.
 Then I end up just driving him crazy and we fight.  I don't want him to
FIX me, I tell him, I just want someone to listen.  I know it's a very hard
thing to do.( To not do anything but just to listen. )   But  I have gotten
some peace from reading the list.  I have never had a support group to
attend and this has been great therapy for me.

Punping @ Ft. Bragg
Sheila Morris
NetZero - Defenders of the Free World