Re: [IP] Repriming D after taking out the insulin cartridge

>I would assume that the D pump is similar to the MM in the sense that a
>freshly inserted cartridge must be mechanically engaged to the drive
>mechanism. i.e. there is some slack that must be taken up before the
>device can push insulin into the infusion system.

Instead of the "driver arms" I have heard MM users talk about, the D has
a "piston rod" which is sort of a threaded rod with a plastic gear wheel
on it. I think when you take the cartridge out, it is possible that the
pistron rod could jiggle around a little bit (the wheel spins pretty
easily and the rod fits fairly loosely into the cartridge too), causing
the wheel to move so that it is no longer pressing against the
cartridge. The need for priming could be to move the wheel back up
against the cartridge again.