Re: [IP] My first pump mini crisis

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 21:06:11 EST
From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] My first pump mini crisis

<< Or is the tegederm tape too strong to be used that way? (or
 was it simply a defective softset?)>>

I am a little confused. Did you not feel the introducer needle go into
skin? I just can't get a visual. Did the needle bend? How did the set
to you if the needle didn't go in?
TSB's new response:

Well, I am confused too! I put the tegederm on first, then used the
softserter to insert the softset (mini).  Seemed to go fine.  I put the
tape on top, then pulled the needle out.  All seemed great until I got
readings of over 400 twice in a row!  When I took out the set, I noticed
that the tube that is supposed to stick inside me was bent before the
Tegederm tape--in other words, it was never inside!  I have no idea how
that happened...Anyway, after staying up til 2:00 a.m. (when the b.s.
finally went down to 290 after I put in a new set), I tested again at
4:00 a.m.--and woke up with a low of 60 at 8:00 a.m.  Had a blessedly
normal day today!!