[IP] hiders and non-hiders

This is a cheer for the "hiders." I am a "hider" for
multiple reasons: 1) I don't enjoy answering questions
about pump therapy in certain situations. It simply
takes too much time. One of the reasons, I went on
pump therapy was so my day wouldn't be split up by
having to stop to do injections or eat. 2) At work, I
want to appear to be as healthy as possible for job
security/promotability reasons. I myself understand
that people living with diabetes can be healthy, but
most of the rest of the world doesn't. 3) I am a klutz
and had to find a place the pump wouldn't get knocked
or snagged against objects I pass by.

In my opinion, none of the above reasons are
indicative of denial or not caring about diabetic
causes. "Hiding" is just the right and comfortable
decision for me. Organizations like insulin-pumpers
.org are beneficial to people because of the diversity
of opinions, ideas and concerns held by the members.

Andrea Seitz
Who is open to comments on her opinions.
Do You Yahoo!?