Re: [IP] temp basal increase or square wave?

A suggestion that might help and is what we have been doing with our
daughters pump.  Val seemed to always run high especially after
breakfast.  We have started increasing her temporary basal to 2 U/hr for
2 hr, then she gives a bolus that fits the meal.  She is twelve.
Although I thought we would have to decrease the bolus slightly, in
practice it doesn't seem necessary.  Actually this has been the single
most effective change in smoothing out her bg values since going on the
pump 1.5 years ago.

Do You Yahoo!?