[IP] FastTake Meter (Give Juice, Let Sleep or Bolus)

>Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 14:48:54 EST
>From: email @ redacted
>Subject: Re: [IP] Give Juice, Let Sleep or Bolus
>Darlene, get a new meter!!!!!!  Matt was having the
>same crazy problems with the Fast Take.........too
>sensitive, if the blood wasn't "placed" just right,
>then it was unpredictable.

I also had this problem with the FastTake. Besides
making sure I follow the testing procedure and manual
instructions to a T, I do four tests in a row using a
new fingerstick for each. If they are not within the
meter's specified range of accuracy. I won't use it.

I called Lifescan several times to verify their
testing procedure was being followed properly, and
would receive different instructions each time.

>Matt now uses the LifeScan
>Sure Step, takes alot of blood and awhile to get
>results, but seems to be accurate, even when
>compared to "visual" chem strips. Diabetes is
>frustrating enough without worrying if the meter is
I switched to Accu-Chek Complete and alternate with
the Accu-Chek Advantage when a smaller/lighter meter
is necessary. The meters com with a Softclix lancing
device, which is terrific!

Andrea Seitz

P.S. Lifescan sent me 50 of the new FastTake Test
Strips. They have a new "sample confirmation window."
If anyone could use them, I will send them to you.
E-mail me direct. Thank you.
Do You Yahoo!?