[IP] taking pump breaks...

Michelle does sometime want a break from "Sky" her blue MM pump.  We
don't have endo support so many decisions are based on our own
judgement.  Today she did take the morning off.  Just before she
disconnected she bolused for her basal insulin that she would miss over
the next 3 hours.  We had no problems and just after lunch we put in new
site and she was again pumping.  We of course were prepared to give her
any extra humalog if she did indeed go high, but she didn't.

How many others take pump vacations??? How long have you gone off and
how often do you give yourself shots?

mom to Michelle age 11, pumping July/99