Re: [IP] Fw: Diabetes News The AtLast and FreeStyle Meters

----- Original Message -----
From: Lori A. Willey <email @ redacted>
To: IP List <email @ redacted>
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2000 5:10 AM
Subject: [IP] Fw: Diabetes News The AtLast and FreeStyle Meters

> Thought you all might be interested in this news.
> Lori

(No!)
> Why -(It's painful!)
> > or why are you not happy with this method?-(Would much prefer less
painful checking, although I like the download feature, and the
computer-programmable ability & software that is available with AccuCheck
Complete!)

> > (2) What is your current meter, and how much blood does it require?
(AccuCheck Complete. Very small amount-couldn't find information on box.)

> > (3) How would you describe the pain of using your current testing
method?  (It is painful & am loosing feeling in my fingertips.)

> > (4) Is a "pain-free," alternate-site glucose meter the answer to your
> > problems, or are your more enthusiastic about the prospect of
non-invasive
> > or continous glucose monitors?   (Would very much appreciate, some
people think "whats the big deal, but they don't have to do it 6-10 times a
day; and still this gives me only limited control!)  Why?  (I would love the
opportunity to enjoy "pain-free", and the thought of alternative is just as
great an improvement as the difference in the pumps today and the ones even
two years ago!)

> > (5) Will you or will you not look into trying the AtLast or FreeStyle?
( If it's offered free I certainly will although it may be a very great
improvement, you have to realize many of the diabetics out there simply
can't afford even one more expense.   That is why I still use the pump from
over a year ago!) Why-  (Some of us are stretched to the limit, of our
limited budgits.)
> > or why would you not looking into trying one of them?  (If it's free, I
think the companies make enough off of the strips, to more than make up for
the cost of the meters, that's the way most of the meters are obtained now!)