RE: [IP] disappointing visit

** Then she told us that insurance companies won't pay for children to be on
the pump.  AND I
should stop trying to make my son grow up so fast. **

You might want to advise the endo that YES they do!!! Through documentation
we were able to prove that the pump would be a much better fit for Lucas
then doing 8+ shots per day. Now that he has the pump the results have been
amazing. All of his BG averages are within our targeted range (80-150). His
overall average is 108. Prior to the pump we were excited if we could get a
couple of them within the range.

When I first spoke to our insurance company(Aetna) they gave me the
pre-written speech about it being experimental treatment and they would not
cover that...I said fine and contacted the people at MM who knew exactly
what Aetna required before they would approve the pump. The Endo and the
team put all the documentation together and with in 1 month it was paid for.

By the way Lucas absolutely loves his pump. I asked if he missed doing shots
and the response was a resounding HECK NO!!.

Don't take your Endo's word for it.....

Father of Lucas A/9 D/94 P/12/21/99