[IP] Disetronic temp basals

My son uses the Disetronic and I asked the same question.  Here is the
explanation I got from the D rep:

A temporary basal decrease is usually used for exercise, which normally
wouldn't last more than 4 hours.

A temporary basal increase is designed mainly for sick days when bg's tend
to run higher, increasing insulin needs.  For this reason the temp increase
lasts longer.

My personal feeling is that even 2 hours of strenuous exercise effects my
son's bg's for a lot more than 4 hours.  I see the logic, but think there
should be more options to allow for the YMMV thing!

Betsy Smith