Re: [IP] to rebecca hobbs

In a message dated 25-01-100 9:43:38 AM EST, email @ redacted writes:

<< my name is yvonne and i will be currently getting the pump for my daughter
 eileen who is 12 yrs old. i have a lot of questions, though.
 when your children bolus at school, how do they know what amount to bolus.
 do you calculate it for them beforehand, or what? >>
Hi Yvonne,
    I'm not Becky but I also have two diabetic children on pumps. My kids are
12 and 14. I just list all items on their lunch bag with their individual
carbohydrate counts.(This way if they trade food with others or simply don't
eat it all, they only bolus for what they eat). I also jot down their lunch
bolus ratio.
So far its worked for us.
Doreen-mom of 2 pumpers (that just celebrated their 1 year pumping