Re: [IP] to rebecca hobbs

In a message dated 1/25/00 8:43:49 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< when your children bolus at school, how do they know what amount to bolus.
 do you calculate it for them beforehand, or what?
I keep a calculator with me at all times and use my "formula" for figuring
out my bolus. For example, if my bg is 180, my sensitivity factor is 1:18 and
my goal is 120, so I take 180-120=60, then I divide 60 by 18 and get 3.3, so
I bolus 3.3 plus whatever carbs I am going to eat. My carb ratio is 1:7, so
if I am planning to eat 60g of CHO, then I bolus an additional 8.6 for a
total of 11.9 to cover my high and my meal.

 Ami in FL
dx'd at age 9
MM 507C since 1/99
last A1c- 7.0