Re: [IP] pregnancy & diabetes

of my pregnancy were not planned.  When I got pregnant with my 7 yr. old my
A1C was 11.8 and I was told to abort.  After going through ever test in the
book for the baby I decided to keep the baby.  All the baby's test were
negative.  After I was pregnant I got my A1C's down to below 6 the whole
pregnancy.  I was not on the pump.  I delivered at 38 weeks with a  vaginally
delivery to a healthy a 7lb 13oz little boy.  He never saw an NICU and we
went home the next morning because everything went so smooth.  From that
point out I have been under tight control.  My second pregnancy went very
well too.  I never felt better.  It is a ton of work to keep up with the
insulin requirements, but it is all worth it.  The last thing my OB/GYN told
me was that my seven year old could have learning disabilities?  He is now
very gifted and school comes so easily to him.  Both my kids are are doing
great.  I think diabetics can do whatever they believe they can do.  Good
Luck to anyone that is thinking about starting a family.
35 yrs old
pumping 3 months
diabetic 24 yrs