Re: [IP] RE: the D and pregnancy...rantin' and ravin' as well...

I remember after I found out I was pregnant with my second daughter, I went
to the doctor and at that time, I was just seen by whoever was in the
clinic(Military hospital). He looks at me and says, "You Diabetics, I really
feel sorry for you". I was floored! I was thinking, "Sorry? For me? Don't
feel sorry for me! I am probably healthier than YOU!" The fact remains that
there are many uneducated health care professionals out there. So many of
them have no idea about the latest developments in Diabetes research. Even
the experts are dumb sometimes. Just look at the top Endo. in this area who
told me I would never be on a pump! (How ya like me now?!) I would recommend
finding a good Reproductive Endocrinologist and a Perinatologist. With that
kind of team, I don't think you can go wrong!

 Ami in FL
dx'd at age 9
MM 507C since 1/99
last A1c- 7.0