Re: [IP] Just My Experience

To Brian and Bonnie,

I'm just new to the on line insulin pumpers but have been pumping insulin for 12 years.  I've also had those times when you get the highs and can't get them down.
Do you ever run into a lot of blood when you remove the set?  Does the set feel uncomfortable when you touch it or bump it gently?  I have real close blood vessels and find quite often that the insulin won't work if this is the reason.  For me finding a spot where I don't get blood is a real problem.  Have you tried your legs?  I never found much luck there either.  I do use my top butt as one of you mentioned, that works great.  Have you tried your arms?  That is a pain with the tubbing but works well.  Don't be afraid to try the soft part of your waist on either side.  Hope this helps.

A 2BA LIPS  Nancy Shaffer