hi robin,
i have 4yo and 6yo on the pump. nathan started pumping
at 3yo and we have never had problems with him
playing. we just kept telling him before he started
the pump that it was not a toy, that this would take a
way his shots. if it beeps for when we are not
bolusing he comes to us and lets know. do not reuse
the same rapid , get a new and put in.  we use the
tenders on both of my kids and like them very much.

my daughter started pumping last month and  i taught
her to bolus after about two weeks on the  pump but
she knows not to do it till she is told what to bolus.
she has to show it to me or dad to let us know that
she has done it correctly. she also bolus at school
and then shows it to her teacher. this works very

i also wore a pump for a week before nathan started
pumping and showed him and let him touch the my
stomach where the infusion was just to let him know
that it does not hurt. i kept re in forcing that it
was not a toy and if he did push buttons he would get
in trouble.
this makes his life so much easier and he knows this
and doesn mess with it.
hope this helps. feel free to email
good luck to you and skylar
mom to nathan 4yo dxed 2/97 and chelsey 6yo dxed 9/99

Do You Yahoo!?