[IP] Actrapid, hospital advice resource

<<1. What is Actripid?
2. Does anyone have access to sample policy and procedure documents for the
care of the pumping patient while hospitalized?>>

Actrapid is NovoNordisk's brand of Regular used in Europe. (the new member is
from United Kingdom)

MiniMed has a good resource for hospitalization in the pump trainer manual. I
usually copied that page and gave it to my patients. Also, I think the ADA
has some guidelines for Type 1's who require hospitalization in the Clinical
Management Series Intensive Insulin Therapy, 2nd edition. I don't have my
copy at home (snow day), wish I did.
Disetronic might have some guidelines, but I can't remember without looking
it up...that book is also at the office.
I guess I wanted a project while I am at home today. Looks like I found one.
We could use a FAQ at this site. Will see what I can set up as a draft.
(Michael, do we need one? I would have to send the draft to the Advisory
Board for review before posting to a FAQ page.)

Barbara B.
(Barbara Bradley, MS, RN, CDE,CPT)