[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #853

Hi all,  My name is Robin & my daughter Skylar is 5 & was dx'd 3 /12 yrs.ago.
 I am doing a saline trial on myself with Disetronic since yesterday.  I need
some advice from parents of young pumpers.  What age do you let them bolus?
Have  those on Dis had problems with their young pumpers playing with it &
accidentlly bolus???  I'm concerned because it's very easy to bolus with a
Dis.  Also the rapid 6mm came out after going to the bathroom at midnight
just swiping it accidentally.  I couln't deal with it at that hour & wasn't
sure if I should reinsert the same set?  If it happened to my daughter in the
middle of the night I certainly would have put it back in!  I'm just alittle
nervous knowing if this is the right pump.  They are going to put a limit on
the bolus which make me feel alittle better.  At first the buttons look
tempting to play with but maybe after a while she will loose interest knowing
it's NOT a toy.  Thanks for your input.  New & nervous.  Robin mom of Skylar
5 yrs.