Re: [IP] Re: sugar pills

In a message dated 1/24/00 7:44:17 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< My uncle (in Arkansas) is type 2 (his mother had it also) and he
 takes oral medications to control his blood sugar. He calls them
 "sugar pills" also. >>

I overheard my PCP tell another patient one day to "be sure and take your
sugar pills." When I questioned him about it, he said, "Everybody doesn't
know as much as you." My belief is that you need to tell people what they're
taking, how it works and why. I told him he might be amazed what people will
understand if he tries. I stay with him because I figure *somebody* needs to
teach him about DM! LOL

Oh, yeah -- he also believes the pump is dangerous "because it's only a
machine and it might malfunction and give somebody too much insulin." I told
him the only thing that malfunctions and gives me too much insulin is my
brain when I miscalcuate carbs and bolus too much. :-)

Jan (and Elvis)