Re: [IP] Insurance and test strips

I have Health Net (CA) and they want all diabetics to use the Precision QID.
In fact, they sent a meter and letter saying that only those strips would be
covered so use that meter.

I use an Accu-Chek Instant and have for years.  I am very comfortable with
the results, quickness, accuracy, etc.  I wrote a grievance letter stating
some of what you were saying-all diabetics are not created equal, freedom of
choice, etc.  I got to keep my Accu-Chek strips.  You might try writing a
letter (I really vented in mine as I was very upset!).  I know it all boils
down to $$$$ but I agree that something should be done to ensure our care is
not just based on $$ but what works well for us to keep our diabetes under

Good luck, I hope it works for you.  Linda