Re: [IP] Insurance and test strips

>1) Does your insurance company only give you full benefits for their
>selected meter? If so, what insurance, plan and meter?

>2) What can we do about this?

We also have Aetna, and our little prescription book says the same thing
-- that they only pay for Precision strips. However, since Iowa has a
bill requiring insurance to pay for diabetic supplies, they have had to
pay the full benefits amount for Shane's One-Touch strips. They do not
pay the full amount at the pharmacy, we have to pay the difference. But
when we send in our receipts then they send us a check for the amount we
It looks like Ohio does not have such a law
so perhaps you should fight for one.
another Laura