[IP] Insurance and test strips

My insurance is Aetna US Healthcare for Ohio. My plan is Patriot V QPOS. I
was excited to learn that as of January 1st, I could get my test strips at
the local Wal-mart for a copay of $5 instead of mail-order at 20%. HOWEVER,
when I attempted to do this I found that the copay of $5 was only available
if I bought Precision QID strips. I use the Accu-check Complete and Fasttake
meters, so this doesn't help.

What right does an insurance company have to dictate what meter I should
use? I don't have a problem with using generic drugs, but all meters ARE NOT
created equal. I use my meters for specific reasons and there are some
meters that I cannot use.

I know that there are probably other insurance companies that do the same
thing, but did they all pick the same meter? I doubt it. This is something
that needs to be changed not only with Aetna, but any company that tries to
make the management of this disease tougher by forcing us to use tools that
may not be right for us.

1) Does your insurance company only give you full benefits for their
selected meter? If so, what insurance, plan and meter?

2) What can we do about this?