Re: [IP] pregnancy & diabetes

Just wanted you to know I have 4 wonderful and healthy children. I was
diagnosed with type 1 at age 19 and I am now 42 years young! I have worked
hard to keep things in good control and I have no complications.
All of my pregnancies went to full term (37 to 38.5 weeks). My first was a
regular (vag. birth) and my second was a C-section because the baby was
breach. My next two were again regular births. My control during pregnancy
for my last born (4 years ago) was very good as I was balancing carbs and
insulin (on MDI at the time). She ended up being my smallest baby at 6
lbs.10 ozs.. There was a lot of difference and improvement in the way my
pregnancies were handled over my 13 years of childbearing. I would well
imagine that there will be even further advances as the years go by and your
daughter enters that stage of her life. Feel free to e-mail me privately and
I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.