Re: [IP] cold weather and basal rates

In a message dated 1/23/00 3:40:57 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< been having a lot more lows this week.  Someone once

mentioned that cold weather can do this, but WOW! >>

I haven't usually noticed a lowering of basal needs with the cold, but if I
walk in the cold, my blood sugar tends to plummet, even if it is nowhere near
a bolus.  Even noticed it the other day when carrying several loads of
groceries in from the car (driveway was blocked, so had to walk up 2 flights
of stairs outside each trip).  This amount of exercise would not be a problem
for me ordinarily unless within an hour of a bolus.

Linda Z