[IP] Re: Pump

My daughter, Laura, has been pumping now for about three weeks. She is 6.
The MM 508 is very easy to use with easy to follow menus.  By day 2 Laura
was worlking her own pump, boluses herself and reviewing her insulin numbers
.  Of course all of this was done with either mommy or daddy supervising,
but it is giving her a sense of independence and control over her diabetes.
The first 1 1/2 weeks were rough, but we are settling down now and her
numbers are consistently between 80 and 140.  She has had one low in the
last 1 1/2 weeks and that was after karate class (although she was
disconnected from the pump).  Good luck!

Laura Lentini-Iaffaldano
Mother of Laura, age 6, dxed 12/21/98