[IP] Prime procedure

> I prime close to 20
> units for tubing, & then an additional .5 once hooked up to fill the
> I have used shorter line Rapids on occasion, but it still took more than 5
> units to fill the tubing.
> Sammi

I try to be frugal whenever I can (too young for the Great Depression,
though). I don't use battery power to prime. I hold the filled syringe
hooked to the tubing, push the plunger until I see a drip. I place the set
in the pump with the levers as close to the plunger as possible. That is the
point I do the prime which occasionally takes 2 units; mostly less than 1
unit. My batteries last several months. I use a MM 507C - Blue, of course.
Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83).