Re: [IP] A Poll -- 3am check on kids

My 13 year old daughter has had diagetes for 2 years and we typically didn't
do middle of the night checks - at least not until she had a seizure.  We now
have a Fischer Price monitor in her room and so we can hear her if she wakes
up; which she always does, even if she is dangerously low.  All she has to do
is say "I'm low" and we will be there in a flash.  We only did a weeks worth
of 3 am checks on the pump to establish the basel rate.  We go mostly by what
the bg is upon waking.   Although the 3 am checks are often necessary, we
also believe that they are really stressful on everybody, so we don't do them
unless there is a reason.  Even the monitor is somewhat an invasion of
privacy.  If she has a friend over for the night, she can talk with her
friend before she goes to bed with the monitor off, then switch it on just
before she turns out the light.  She actually likes the security of the