Re: [IP] thinking about quitting the pump

I need some help here.  My 14 year old daughter
>started the pump a year ago last December.  Since
then >her #'s have never been better.  Tonight shesaid
>that she is thinking about going back to shotsbecause
>she is dreading this summer and how hard it is to
find >clothes that work with the pump.

I would like to offer another suggestion.  Elissa has
taken day breaks from the pump in the summer months or
when we visited a warmer climate in the winter.
Instead of temporarily switching to an intermediate or
long-acting insulin, she was perfectly willing to give
R or H every 2-4 hours via a pen.  Her bg's stayed
quite normal.  She returned to the pump at night.
So, "quitting" the pump does not have to be an
all-summer event.  It can be decided on a day-to-day

Judy Premerlani
Mom of Elissa, age 18, pumping 15 years

Do You Yahoo!?