Re: [IP] Amount of prime? - Sammi

Sammi -

Don't be confused!  Prime until you see a drop of insulin coming out of the
end of the new infusion set!  Then, when you actually connect the tubing
INTO the tube in your skin, THEN put in .5 more ( yup - POINT FIVE) more.
That's to take up the empty space between the canula and the insertion
point.  I also use the long tubing on the infusion sets, for the same
reasons you mention.  Like you, I also have some of the "micro" sets, but
haven't tried them yet.  This works fine for me, and I hope, ends some of
your confusion over priming sets.

Take care,  Jane