[IP] ketones with good numbers

Hi - I know you posted a couple days ago, but... I just came upon the post.
It is hard to pinpoint the cause of the ketones, but ... my thought is as
I know that personally when I do not eat for an extended period of time, I do
sometimes develop ketones.  Recently, I had the start of a bug, and though I
was eating, I had had an extremely high bg with ketone symptoms. I changed my
set, yet the ketones continued off and on.  I believe that part of it may
have been the "bug," but also strongly believe that because I had had ketones
, and was not eating any more than I usually did, I did not have enough
insulin in my body (which I would have gotten by eating extra carbs and
covering with insulin) to bring the ketones down fully.  Basically, I only
had a baseline amount of insulin, which ordinarily is ok, but to my
understanding will not aid in bringing ketones down.  Because I had ketones
and was not eating any more than I usually did and was not taking extra
insulin, they kept reappearing.  It is a bit complicated to put into writing,
but... I hope this gives you another possible perspective.  Feel free to
email me with questions.