Re: [IP] emergency insulin in tubing

Laura - I took a friend out to eat for her birthday the other night and while
we were eating my D pump ran out of insulin.  My first thought was to leave
but we hadn't had birthday cake yet (boo hoo).  Then I remembered that
someone once told me that they always let their pump run out and then would
pull the plunger back and use the insulin in the tubing so it will not go to
waste.  SO I disconnected the tubing from the cartridge and took a fork (with
long prongs thank goodness), put one prong inside the cartridge and pulled it
back about half way.  Reconnected, ate birthday cake and had a good time.
So when in a pinch use whatever you have available.
dx 33yrs ago  pumpin' 3.5 yrs