Re: [IP] Diabetes "Educators" Who Know Too Little --aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

In a message dated 1/22/00 9:54:34 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< While on MDI my A1C's are in the upper 6's,

my endo would like to see them in the lower 7's, because he says I would

have fewer low blood sugars!!!!!  That's my main problem, the roller coaster

ride. I find it so exhausting!  >>

Roselea, the low blood sugars is exactly the problem the pump fixed for me.
My average A1c the last year of MDI was 5.8, but I had 3 mornings I didn't
wake up without help, several more when I was not competent.  In 15 months or
pumping, I have had no such incidents, and my A1c's have been 4.9, 5.2 and
5.2.  I feel so much better without the fluctuations, physically and

Linda Z