Re: [IP] Mommadoo

Barbara Doolittle wrote:
> I appreciate all the emails , Im new to the list,so Im learning. I would
> really like to hear from type2s who are on the pump. Im fifty and been
> diabetic for ten years. on insulin for eight years.  on four shots a day for about
> three years.  Of course I am a heavy gal OBESE as the Drs. would say. I HATE
> that word!!! IM suppose to go on MM pump soon. I have mixed feelings about
> it. Drs. say to lose weight , and I would
> not even need insulin. Guilt trip, all my fault, Does anyone else ever
> feel like this? OK, so all of you heafty type 2s on pumps, I need some
> encouragment!

OK, so I'm not a hefty Type 2 on a pump. But a couple of my friends
are!!!!  :)

Just for the record, I lost 30 lb. (down to BMI 25.2)after going on
insulin. It did NOT make my diabetes go away, and did NOT take away my
need for insulin. It's real nice for the professionals to spout
generalizations, but they don't always apply.

Second, just because you are fat, DOESN'T mean that you don't deserve
the same high-quality medical care as thin people. Priority number one
is to control your BGs. Regardless of what you weigh.

In conjunction with that, the goal is to eat healthy and exercise, and
then let the weight take care of itself. Some of us are genetically
programmed to be larger than others.

Every time you get to feeling guilty about your weight, look at ALL the
people walking around out there who are just as large and DON'T have
diabetes. Obesity alone does NOT cause Type 2 diabetes. You just
happened to get the lousy genes, and that's NOT your fault!
Oral meds can be used with insulin to control the other defects which
contribute to Type 2, such as overproduction of glucose by the liver and
muscular insulin resistance. Take advantage of everything you can to
control your BGs and then ENJOY life!

You hold your head up high and insist on getting good medical treatment,
with NO guilt trips!!!!

Smiles and hugs,
 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted