[IP] insurance woes

I wrote earlier that my insurance co. (Aetna) charged $30 for my test
strips (double the usual prescription co-pay of $15).

I found out today why:  they call it a "non-formulary" drug (or some
such term).  Why?  Because the "preferred" meter is Precision, not my
Lifescan Profile (which uses One Touch test strips).  Amazing and
ridiculous.  I'm writing a letter of appeal.  I love my Lifescan
Profile, which can store 256 readings, and (through a $50 add-on) can
download it toa sophisticated program on the computer that analyzes the
readings in a multitude of ways.  I'm not about to give all that up and
switch to a different meter.

Anyway, just thought I'd share this with the group.