From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2000 6:56 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] keytones with good #'s ?

Hey all well it's been a very weird 2 days. Matt's numbers have been fine
and
last night around 9pm i smelled keytones on his breath and sure enough they
were moderate to large!!!???  So naturally i gave him 2.0 units and at the
time he was 353, the first high in awhile so i thought that was it. Any how
2hrs later he was back down and no keytones. I checked him through the night

and numbers were good. Woke this morning at 128 and checked moderate
keytones
again!  I called endo, and nurse is puzzled.  I've been carefully watching
him, keytones are again gone. I changed insulin bottles and changed set too.

What on earth could be going on? He has no fever and feels fine.  Too
strange. I figured i'd get answers here...........anyone?

Mag