[IP] keytones with good #'s ?

Hey all well it's been a very weird 2 days. Matt's numbers have been fine and
last night around 9pm i smelled keytones on his breath and sure enough they
were moderate to large!!!???  So naturally i gave him 2.0 units and at the
time he was 353, the first high in awhile so i thought that was it. Any how
2hrs later he was back down and no keytones. I checked him through the night
and numbers were good. Woke this morning at 128 and checked moderate keytones
again!  I called endo, and nurse is puzzled.  I've been carefully watching
him, keytones are again gone. I changed insulin bottles and changed set too.
What on earth could be going on? He has no fever and feels fine.  Too
strange. I figured i'd get answers here...........anyone?