Re: [IP] The Mall of America Walk

> To all of you who will walk tomorrow at the Mall of America:  Good
> luck and have fun!
> My 17-yr old son had his first near-emergancy this week with his
> pump: on a field trip bus, his alarms went off 20 minutes after
> leaving school.  No insulin!  He forgot to check before he left, and
> there he was on a bus with no back-up supplies for a whole day.  He
> asked the driver to stop so he could call me.

Here's the trick.....

carefully unhook the luer lock, draw air back into the syringe
cartridge. Put it back in the pump and tighten the drive arms
(disconnect from pump while doing this part). The remaining insulin
in the tube ( 20 units for 43"tube ) can then get you by for another
few hours. Lily has only forgotten once, but this trick got her
through the school day. I think she was 14 or 15 then.