[IP] The Mall of America Walk

To all of you who will walk tomorrow at the Mall of America:  Good luck and
have fun!

My 17-yr old son had his first near-emergancy this week with his pump: on a
field trip bus, his alarms went off 20 minutes after leaving school.  No
insulin!  He forgot to check before he left, and there he was on a bus with
no back-up supplies for a whole day.  He asked the driver to stop so he
could call me.  He called my office, they located me in a distant classroom,
I called the drug store across the street, picked up insulin and syringes
(can you "inject" insulin into the reservoir without having to prime?), ran
to my car 5 blocks away, and drove to meet the bus.

Bless that driver's heart for being so understanding with a busload of H.S.
musicians!  I ordered her flowers and had them delivered to her the next
day.  I realize she had no choice, but she was wonderful.  I hope the kid
learned a lesson.  He thanked ME for sending her the flowers, so I know he
appreciated her cooperation.