Re: [IP] thinking about quitting the pump

Sorry to hear your daughter is so upset about people seeing and responding to
her pump.  I am 34 and have been pumping 3+ years.  I mainly wear my pump on
my waistband (where all can see) and usually the only questions I get are
people asking if it is a pager.  When I explain it is an insulin pump people
are usually very interested and want to find out more (they usually know
someone with diabetes and want to pass the info along).

As far as summer outfits go the pump can be hooked out of sight onto a bra or
underneath a skirt (shorts may be trickier!).  Knowing her feelings this must
be a difficult situation for your daughter.  I have had diabetes since I was
10 and I encourage her to share it with family, friends and others who have
questions.  It is amazing how positive responses are and to know people are
so interested in up to date info. on this disease. She will get a lot of
encouraging feed bad and be surprised at just how many people have a diabetic
somewhere in their lives (family, friends, co-workers, teachers, etc.) and
want to tell their story too.  She definitely is not alone!  I wish you lots
of luck!