Re: [IP] hospital stay

>Most nurses know very little about an insulin pump, unless they are doing
>diabetis education. The regular floor nurses will not be able to answer any
>of your questions.

Huh. During my hospital stays, i've had to train the nurses about the right
way to take a finger stick, for goodness sake.

"No, you don't use aclohol to clean the fingers. And no, you don't take the
blood from the ball of the finger."

Once, I had to get an endo to come in and tell the nurses I was right.

Bottom line: Diabetes treatment is a sea of details familiar only to those
of us who swim there daily. That's no knock on the nurses (and doctors) who
don't know better because they don't have to.

Jeffrey Weiss
email @ redacted
Dallas, TX